“Every business suffers some degree of fraud —
only some are savvy enough to deal with it.”
Take this self-evaluation fraud examination test yourself:
- Our company has never had any fraud so we don’t need to explore this.
- The bookkeeping department is 100% competent and would find fraud if we had any.
- Every employee we have is completely reliable and has no off-site problems.
- Discrepancies in our books are normal and just typical errors with explanations.
- Our CPA and annual audit finds every possible error we face.
- If our IRS filings were off because of fraud or cheating we would know it.
- A company we know suffered from fraud but that could never happen to us.
- Only good honest people work here with no reasons to steal, skim or cut corners.
- Every supplier we work with treats us fairly, honestly and always delivers full measure.
- Slow payments from customers doesn’t cost us much and we don’t consider fraud.
- Working with a fraud examiner suggests we have a problem so we won’t do it.
- Government has fraud, Fortune 500 companies have fraud, we’re too small for that.
Now that all that’s settled I can get back to work with an easy conscience.
Perhaps you need to speak to a certified fraud examiner, just in case… Call Paul.